Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Say Hello To Sunshine, Wake Up Your Radioactive!!!!!!

So today was my first round of radiation, I got up at the lovely time of 5:40 in the morning and got ready, then we drove to the treatment center and missed the turn in cause the lights weren’t even on yet. I’m pretty sure I’m the second patient of the day. We got there early cause it was my first one and I like to make sure everything goes well. We sat there for about 10 minutes and had some hot chocolate and then I got to go back and wait in the second waiting room for about 2 minuets and then they called me into the room, I got on the table and they put my head mask on and beamed me with the radiation. Then I was done. That was it. It took about 20 minutes total and the first one was supposed to be the longest with all the others being really quick, so I guess that I’ll be in and out of there everyday faster than it takes us to actually drive there. The radiation doesn’t feel like anything, I kept my eyes closed but I could see a burst of light thru my eyelids, and really the only thing that went thru my mind is “So is this what a Hot Pocket feels like?”

No comments: