Saturday, January 31, 2009

Radiation!!!!!!!

So after four treatments of the Methotrexate that I went thru and all the wonderful time I got to spend in the hospital, I find out that............it didn’t work the way it was supposed to. The first two treatments shrunk the masses by 50% but after the next two the masses had grown back to about the same size they started out as. So the chemo worked but didn’t have a lasting effect. So the next step is radiation, I’ve already done all the setup scans, which involved a regular M.R.I., a pet-scan, a M.R.I. and mask that fits over my head and then a full spinal M.R.I. that lasted about an hour and half. But I’m a frakin’ ninja and the M.R.I. tech said I was the best patient she’s ever had cause I stayed so still. That’s right I kick ass. So all that has happened in like the last two weeks and stating on wednesday the 4th I get to go in for radiation treatments at 6:45 in the goddamn morning. That is gonna suck, I hate the morning, I’m actually more upset about having to get up at 6:45 in the morning more than I am about getting radiation treatments. That doesn’t bother me, it’s just the next step in beating this crap, but I really, really don’t like the morning. Oh well, I’ll deal with it, do the five weeks of treatment, kick ass and then we’ll move on from there!!!!!!

No comments: