Monday, December 1, 2008

The First Treatment.

So I was transfered to Good Sam hospital and spent a wonderful ten days there where I did a treatment of a different kind of chemo that was made to go into passed the blood/brain barrier and get the cancer up there.  That took four hours then 24 hours after that I started the rescue drug and that was every 6 hours and I was scheduled for 12 rounds of that.  I also got to have a 2 hour M.R.I. where I got to sit in a tube for 2 hours straight, and I also got to have a pet-scan which took about 3 hours, 45 minuets of that was the actual scan, the rest was spent drinking a horrible tasting liquid to get my body ready for the scan and then some more sitting around waiting to be taken back to my room.  But all of the nurses were super nice and I actually did something I’ve never done before......I hit on a nurse.  You know I figured if I can beat cancer twice why can’t I ask out the really cute nurse.  To bad she already had a boyfriend. 

4 comments:

Diggie Smalls said...

You beat the nurse's boyfriend like you're beating cancer!!! Then all shall be well; she sees the error of her ways, falls in love with you, it will be strong and sudden and cruel sometimes, but it might just save you're life... that's the power of love. Just like Huey said, and shit!

anonymouse said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
anonymouse said...

hey bro, we herd u fight cancer, so we put fight in you so you can fight while you fight.

tl;dr: get well soon <3

sunburned 2.0 said...

Hey Matt,
Haven't talked to you in a while, I heard that you were going into the ring again. I am sorry to hear that, but everyone knows you are going to kick some butt again! I visited the Amitabha Stupa in Sedona yesterday, I found an old picture with a bunch of us youngsters in it and decided to leave it there. You are in my heart bro

~Ty